Search This Blog

Holy Cow...I Can Cook?

I started this food blog New Years 2010 to force myself to get in the kitchen and teach myself how to cook. Well it has been a year, and it turns out, cooking isn't so hard after all. I kept the promise I made to myself and cooked healthy yummy meals for my family all year. Once I just got in there, read the recipes, and experimented I found cooking is yet another form of artistic expression. Just like with my art, I let go of the fear of failure and found a new passion.

Monday, April 19, 2010

Chicken with Cilantro Lime Pesto

Ingredients:
2 Cups packed fresh cilantro leaves
1 jalapeno chili, stemmed and seeded
1/4 cup dry roasted peanuts, divided
1 Tsp sesame oil
3 TBS Olive Oil
3 Green Onions
2 Cloves Garlix
Juice and Zest of one lime
1 TBS soy sauce
1/2 Tsp salt
Chicken Breasts (2 or 4; how ever many you intend to eat)

Preheat oven to 375 degrees. In a blender, puree cilantro, garlic, chili, half the peanuts, lime zest and juice, soy sauce, sesame oil, and salt. Add olive oil and process until smooth. About one minute.
Put Chicken in baking dish and season with salt and pepper, as desired. Cook in oven for apprx. 1 hour.
Serve chicken over brown rice; drizzle pesto over top and garnish with chopped green onions and remaining peanuts.

No comments:

Post a Comment