Thursday, March 17, 2011
8 oz uncooked flat rice noodles
(my local market was out so I had to use regular rice noodles)
2 tbsp dark brown sugar
2 tbsp soy sauce
1 1/2 tbsp fish sauce
1 1/2 tbsp fresh lime juice
1 tbsp Sriracha or chili garlic sauce
3 tbsp grape seed oil
1 cup green onions (cut in 2 inch pieces)
8 oz peeled and deveined shrimp
5 garlic cloves (minced)
1/4 cup chopped unsalted dry-roasted peanuts
3 tbsp thinly sliced fresh basil
1. Cook noodles according to package directions.
2. While water comes to a boil, combine sugar, soy sauce, lime juice, and Sriracha in a small bowl.
3. Heat a large skillet or wok over medium-high heat. Add oil to pan; swirl to coat. Add onion pieces, shrimp and garlic; stir-fry 2 minutes or until shrimp is almost done. Add cooked and drained noodles; toss to combine. Stir in sauce; cook 1 minute, stirring constantly to combine. Top each serving with peanuts and basil.
Friday, March 11, 2011
2 tbsp sherry
2 tbsp soy sauce
1 tsp sugar
1 lb boneless sirloin steak (cut diagonally across grain into thin slices)
1/2 cup beef broth
1 tbsp cornstarch
1 tbsp hoisin sauce
1 tsp Sriracha (hot chile sauce)
2 tbsp grape seed oil
1 tbsp fresh ginger (grated)
2 tsp garlic (minced)
4 cups broccoli florets
1/4 cup water
1/3 cup sliced green onions
1 cup uncooked brown rice
1. Cook rice according to directions.
2. While rice finishes cooking, combine 1 tbsp sherry, 1 tbsp soy sauce, sugar, and beef in bowl and set aside. In a separate bowl, stir together 1 tbsp sherry, 1 tbsp soy sauce, broth, cornstarch, hoisin, and Sriracha with a whisk.
3. Heat 1 tbsp oil in large skillet over med-high heat. Add beef mixture; saute 3 min or until browned. Remove beef from pan. Add remaining 1 tbsp oil to pan. Add ginger and garlic; cook 30 seconds, stirring constantly. Add broccoli and water; cook 1 min. Add onions; cook 1 min, stirring constantly. Add broth mixture and beef mixture; cook 2 min or until beef is thoroughly heated and sauce is slightly thick. Serve over rice.