Search This Blog

Holy Cow...I Can Cook?

I started this food blog New Years 2010 to force myself to get in the kitchen and teach myself how to cook. Well it has been a year, and it turns out, cooking isn't so hard after all. I kept the promise I made to myself and cooked healthy yummy meals for my family all year. Once I just got in there, read the recipes, and experimented I found cooking is yet another form of artistic expression. Just like with my art, I let go of the fear of failure and found a new passion.

Thursday, March 17, 2011

Shrimp Pad Thai



8 oz uncooked flat rice noodles
(my local market was out so I had to use regular rice noodles)
2 tbsp dark brown sugar
2 tbsp soy sauce
1 1/2 tbsp fish sauce
1 1/2 tbsp fresh lime juice
1 tbsp Sriracha or chili garlic sauce
3 tbsp grape seed oil
1 cup green onions (cut in 2 inch pieces)
8 oz peeled and deveined shrimp
5 garlic cloves (minced)
1/4 cup chopped unsalted dry-roasted peanuts
3 tbsp thinly sliced fresh basil

1. Cook noodles according to package directions.
2. While water comes to a boil, combine sugar, soy sauce, lime juice, and Sriracha in a small bowl.
3. Heat a large skillet or wok over medium-high heat. Add oil to pan; swirl to coat. Add onion pieces, shrimp and garlic; stir-fry 2 minutes or until shrimp is almost done. Add cooked and drained noodles; toss to combine. Stir in sauce; cook 1 minute, stirring constantly to combine. Top each serving with peanuts and basil.

Serves 4

No comments:

Post a Comment