Search This Blog

Holy Cow...I Can Cook?

I started this food blog New Years 2010 to force myself to get in the kitchen and teach myself how to cook. Well it has been a year, and it turns out, cooking isn't so hard after all. I kept the promise I made to myself and cooked healthy yummy meals for my family all year. Once I just got in there, read the recipes, and experimented I found cooking is yet another form of artistic expression. Just like with my art, I let go of the fear of failure and found a new passion.

Friday, February 12, 2010

Butter Pecan Bars

I served these yummy brownie/cookie bars for Superbowl and they were gone in a flash! They are so soft and chewy a little bit goes a long way. After I baked them, they seem small and thin, but they have a ton of flavor!

1 cup packed light brown sugar
3 tbsp butter (melted)
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 egg
3/4 cup flour
2 tbsp chopped pecans
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/8 tsp salt
2/3 cup powdered sugar
2 tbsp semisweet Chocolate chips (melted)
1 tbsp hot water
2 tbsp butterscotch mini chips or toffee chips

1. Preheat oven to 350
2. Coat bottom of an 8 inch square baking pan with cooking spray (don't coat the sides)
3. Combine brown sugar, butter, vanilla, and egg in medium size bowl. Stir well with a whisk.
Combine flour, pecans, baking powder, and salt; stir into brown sugar mixture. Spread into baking pan. Bake for 22 min. Cool completely.
4. Combine powdered sugar, chocolate and hot water, stir until smooth. Spread over bars, sprinkle with butterscotch or toffee chips (lightly press chips into frosting). Chill until topping is set. Cut into bars.

No comments:

Post a Comment