Search This Blog

Holy Cow...I Can Cook?

I started this food blog New Years 2010 to force myself to get in the kitchen and teach myself how to cook. Well it has been a year, and it turns out, cooking isn't so hard after all. I kept the promise I made to myself and cooked healthy yummy meals for my family all year. Once I just got in there, read the recipes, and experimented I found cooking is yet another form of artistic expression. Just like with my art, I let go of the fear of failure and found a new passion.

Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Rosemary Walnut Chicken


Crunchy and full of flavor, this oven-fried chicken was a big hit!

1/4 cup low-fat buttermilk
2 tbsp Dijon mustard
4 chicken cutlets
1/3 cup panko breadcrumbs
1/3 cup finely chopped walnuts
2 tbsp grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
3/4 tsp minced fresh rosemary
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp black pepper
Cooking spray

1. Preheat oven to 425
2. Combine buttermilk and mustard in a shallow dish, stirring with a whisk. Add chicken to buttermilk mixture, turning to coat.
3. Combine panko, nuts, and next 4 ingredients (through pepper) in a shallow dish. Remove chicken from buttermilk mixture. Dredge chicken in panko mixture.
4.Arrange a wire rack on a baking sheet; coat rack with cooking spray. Arrange chicken on rack; coat chicken with cooking spray. Bake at 425 for 13 minutes or until chicken is done.

No comments:

Post a Comment