Search This Blog

Holy Cow...I Can Cook?

I started this food blog New Years 2010 to force myself to get in the kitchen and teach myself how to cook. Well it has been a year, and it turns out, cooking isn't so hard after all. I kept the promise I made to myself and cooked healthy yummy meals for my family all year. Once I just got in there, read the recipes, and experimented I found cooking is yet another form of artistic expression. Just like with my art, I let go of the fear of failure and found a new passion.

Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Apricot Chicken


This recipe transforms simply prepared chicken breasts into an elegant dish! Less than 10 ingredients and a cooking time of about 15 minutes makes a busy Mom very happy!

1 tsp curry powder
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
4 boneless chicken breasts
1/3 cup apricot spread
2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
2 tbsp water
2 tsp lemon zest

1. Combine first 3 ingredients in a small bowl : rub spice mixture over chicken.
2. Place a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Coat pan with cooking spray. Cook chicken about 6 minutes on each side or until done. Remove chicken from pan, and keep warm.
3. Add apricot spread, lemon juice, and water to pan, stirring until smooth. Cook over medium heat 1 minute. Spoon sauce over chicken: sprinkle with lemon zest.

*I served this chicken with a Pear Salad (see separate recipe)

Win's husband rating: 8 out of 10!

No comments:

Post a Comment