Search This Blog

Holy Cow...I Can Cook?

I started this food blog New Years 2010 to force myself to get in the kitchen and teach myself how to cook. Well it has been a year, and it turns out, cooking isn't so hard after all. I kept the promise I made to myself and cooked healthy yummy meals for my family all year. Once I just got in there, read the recipes, and experimented I found cooking is yet another form of artistic expression. Just like with my art, I let go of the fear of failure and found a new passion.

Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Pear Salad


This is a nice fresh salad. Raw red onion can be strong, but the sweetness of the dressing and the pears help to balance the flavor.

1 tbsp sugar
3 tbsp fresh lemon juice
2 tsp grape seed oil
4 cups baby spinach
1 pear (thinly sliced)
1/2 cup sliced red onion

1. Combine first 3 ingredients in a large bowl, stirring with a whisk. Add spinach and remaining ingredients; toss well.

I served this with Apricot Chicken (see separate recipe)

1 comment:

  1. I just bought spinach & pears today. Can't wait to try this

    ReplyDelete