Search This Blog

Holy Cow...I Can Cook?

I started this food blog New Years 2010 to force myself to get in the kitchen and teach myself how to cook. Well it has been a year, and it turns out, cooking isn't so hard after all. I kept the promise I made to myself and cooked healthy yummy meals for my family all year. Once I just got in there, read the recipes, and experimented I found cooking is yet another form of artistic expression. Just like with my art, I let go of the fear of failure and found a new passion.

Friday, March 5, 2010

Caramelized Carrots


This is a really beautiful and simple side dish. I served this with the Rosemary Pork Loin. Just pop it in the oven with whatever you are already roasting, it is so easy!

1 lb baby carrots
1 tbsp soy sauce
2 tsp brown sugar
2 tsp olive oil
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp fresh black pepper

1. Coat a baking sheet with cooking spray.
2. Combine all ingredients in a large bowl, toss to coat the carrots.
3. Arrange in a single layer on baking sheet. Bake at 475 or about 15 minutes, be sure to turn them once.

No comments:

Post a Comment