Search This Blog

Holy Cow...I Can Cook?

I started this food blog New Years 2010 to force myself to get in the kitchen and teach myself how to cook. Well it has been a year, and it turns out, cooking isn't so hard after all. I kept the promise I made to myself and cooked healthy yummy meals for my family all year. Once I just got in there, read the recipes, and experimented I found cooking is yet another form of artistic expression. Just like with my art, I let go of the fear of failure and found a new passion.

Thursday, November 11, 2010

Banana Bread


What to do with the bananas my son does not eat? Make banana bread! I kept this recipe very simple so you could add nuts or dates if you wish to change it up. Just be sure to use really ripe bananas.

1 cup sugar
1/4 cup butter (softened)
3 ripe bananas (mashed)
1/4 cup fat-free milk
2 egg whites
2 cups flour
1/4 cup grape seed oil (or vegetable oil)
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
cooking spray

1. Preheat oven to 350
2. Beat sugar and butter until well-blended. Add banana, milk, oil, and egg whites; beat well.
3. Combine flour, baking soda, and salt in medium bowl. Add flour mixture to sugar mixture, beating until blended.
4. Pour batter into a 9 inch loaf pan coated with cooking spray. Bake at 350 for 1 hour and 10 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pan for 15 minutes. Remove from pan and cool completely on wire rack.

No comments:

Post a Comment