Search This Blog

Holy Cow...I Can Cook?

I started this food blog New Years 2010 to force myself to get in the kitchen and teach myself how to cook. Well it has been a year, and it turns out, cooking isn't so hard after all. I kept the promise I made to myself and cooked healthy yummy meals for my family all year. Once I just got in there, read the recipes, and experimented I found cooking is yet another form of artistic expression. Just like with my art, I let go of the fear of failure and found a new passion.

Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Chicken Cacciatore


This dish falls under the *Super Fast category. This recipe is really simple, but it tastes like you slaved over the stove. My kind of fast food!

1 lb skinless, boneless chicken breast (cut into bite-sized pieces)
1 tsp dried oregano
1/2 tsp dried basil
1/4 tsp crushed red pepper
Cooking spray
2 cups sliced cremini mushrooms
3/4 cup green bell pepper (chopped)
1 1/2 cups tomato-basil pasta sauce
1/4 cup dry red wine
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp black pepper
1/2 cup shaved Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
2 tbsp thinly sliced fresh basil

*Serve this over your choice of pasta. I served this over a bed of whole wheat spaghetti

1. Cook pasta according to package directions.

2. Heat a large nonstick skillet over med-high heat. Sprinkle chicken evenly with oregano, dried basil, and red pepper. Coat pan with cooking spray. Add chicken to pan; saute 2 minutes or until lightly browned, stirring frequently. Add mushrooms and bell pepper to pan; saute 5 min. Stir in pasta sauce and wine; bring to a simmer. Cover, reduce heat and simmer 10 min. Stir in salt and black pepper. Sprinkle with cheese and fresh basil.

Serves 4

No comments:

Post a Comment