Search This Blog

Holy Cow...I Can Cook?

I started this food blog New Years 2010 to force myself to get in the kitchen and teach myself how to cook. Well it has been a year, and it turns out, cooking isn't so hard after all. I kept the promise I made to myself and cooked healthy yummy meals for my family all year. Once I just got in there, read the recipes, and experimented I found cooking is yet another form of artistic expression. Just like with my art, I let go of the fear of failure and found a new passion.

Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Rosemary Balsamic Pork Chops


My main problem with pork chops is that they dry out really fast. This balsamic glaze really helps to flavor the pork chops and keep them moist. This dish is simple enough for a quick weeknight dinner, without being boring!

1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
1 1/2 tsp chopped fresh rosemary
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
2 garlic cloves (minced)
4 boneless, center-cut, pork chops

1. Place vinegar in a small saucepan over medium-high heat. Bring to a boil, and cook until reduced by half (about 5 min)
2. Place a grill pan over medium-high heat. Combine rosemary, salt, pepper, and garlic; rub mixture over pork. Place pork in pan; cook for 5 min on each side or until desired degree of doneness, basting with vinegar. Let stand 5 min before slicing.

*Serves 4

I served the pork chops with wild rice, but it would be great with mashed potatoes or even creamy polenta

No comments:

Post a Comment