Search This Blog

Holy Cow...I Can Cook?

I started this food blog New Years 2010 to force myself to get in the kitchen and teach myself how to cook. Well it has been a year, and it turns out, cooking isn't so hard after all. I kept the promise I made to myself and cooked healthy yummy meals for my family all year. Once I just got in there, read the recipes, and experimented I found cooking is yet another form of artistic expression. Just like with my art, I let go of the fear of failure and found a new passion.

Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Chicken Piccata


This has become a favorite dish in our house. My husband would be happy if I made this for dinner every week!

4 chicken cutlets
1/4 cup flour
2 tbsp grape seed oil
1/4 cup dry white wine
1 tsp garlic (minced)
1/2 cup chicken broth
2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
1 tbsp capers (drained)
2 tbsp unsalted butter

1.Season cutlets with salt and pepper then dip in flour. Heat non-stick skillet over med-high heat add oil. Saute chicken in pan 2-3 minutes, flip, saute other side 1-2 minutes with pan covered.
2. Transfer chicken cutlets to warm plate, pour off excess fat from pan. Deglaze pan with wine and add garlic. Cook until garlic is slightly brown and liquid is nearly gone about 2 minutes.
3.Add broth, lemon juice, and capers. Return chicken to pan and cook each side for one minute.
4. Transfer chicken to warm plate. Add butter to pan, once butter melts, pour sauce over chicken.

*I served this on wild rice, but it would also be great over pasta!

1 comment: