Search This Blog

Holy Cow...I Can Cook?

I started this food blog New Years 2010 to force myself to get in the kitchen and teach myself how to cook. Well it has been a year, and it turns out, cooking isn't so hard after all. I kept the promise I made to myself and cooked healthy yummy meals for my family all year. Once I just got in there, read the recipes, and experimented I found cooking is yet another form of artistic expression. Just like with my art, I let go of the fear of failure and found a new passion.

Friday, December 3, 2010

Sangria

This recipe was sent to me by an artist friend of mine. He claims it helps with the creative process! ;)

Serve this traditional Spanish drink chilled in a glass pitcher with sliced fruit floating on top.

1 bottle dry red wine
2 tbsp brandy
2 tbsp Triple Sec
1/3 cup sugar
2/3 cup fresh orange juice
2 tbsp fresh lime juice
2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
5 whole cloves
3 whole allspice
1 cinnamon stick
2 cups sparkling water, chilled
8 orange wedges
5 lemon slices
5 lime slices

1. Combine 1 cup wine, brandy, Triple Sec, and sugar, stirring well until sugar is dissolved. Stir in remaining wine, juices, cloves, allspice, and cinnamon. Chill at least 2 hours.
2. Strain mixture into a pitcher, toss the solids. Just before you serve, stir in sparkling water and the rest of the ingredients.

*Serving size depends on how creative you want to be!

No comments:

Post a Comment