Search This Blog

Holy Cow...I Can Cook?

I started this food blog New Years 2010 to force myself to get in the kitchen and teach myself how to cook. Well it has been a year, and it turns out, cooking isn't so hard after all. I kept the promise I made to myself and cooked healthy yummy meals for my family all year. Once I just got in there, read the recipes, and experimented I found cooking is yet another form of artistic expression. Just like with my art, I let go of the fear of failure and found a new passion.

Monday, January 11, 2010

Banana Butter

Robb's Banana Butter

*This used like butter, so just a dab. If someone can make this with less sugar, or tweak this to make it more healthy please give it a go!

Makes 8 8oz glasses
10 bananas
2 tbs lemon juice
6.5 cups of sugar
1 bttle pectin
Peel and mash bananas. Add lemon juice and sugar. Bring to boil. Boil well for about a minute. Then add pectin. Stir well. Then bottle.
There are two variables: the size of the bananas and their ripeness. Sugar requirements may vary by the relative ripeness of the bananas. Best advice: experiment. By my experience this formula tends to sweetness. Maybe too sweet.
Source: Preserving the Fruits of the Earth by Schuler and Schuler

No comments:

Post a Comment