Search This Blog

Holy Cow...I Can Cook?

I started this food blog New Years 2010 to force myself to get in the kitchen and teach myself how to cook. Well it has been a year, and it turns out, cooking isn't so hard after all. I kept the promise I made to myself and cooked healthy yummy meals for my family all year. Once I just got in there, read the recipes, and experimented I found cooking is yet another form of artistic expression. Just like with my art, I let go of the fear of failure and found a new passion.

Friday, January 22, 2010

Individual Yogurt Brownies


This was my early Valentine's Day treat for my husband Win. He was working from home today, so I thought I would make him something sweet and yummy! This brownie is moist on the inside and chewy on the outside. It is not exactly "healthy" but it is a skinny version of a fudge brownie.

1 cup flower
1/4 tsp baking soda
1/8 tsp salt
1 stick butter
7 tbsp unsweetened cocoa
2/3 cup granulated sugar
1/3 cup packed brown sugar (I used dark brown sugar for this, but regular is fine too)
1/3 cup plain low-fat yogurt
1 tsp vanilla extract

1. Heat oven to 350
2. Combine flour, baking soda, and salt in a medium bowl. Stir with a whisk.
3. Melt butter in a saucepan over medium heat. Once it melts, turn heat off, stir in cocoa and sugars. Once sugars are incorporated, stir in yogurt and vanilla.
4. Add flour mixture to saucepan, stir until moist.
5. Coat muffin tin with cooking spray. Fill each muffin cup about 3/4 of the way with batter. Bake at 350 for 10 min. Toothpick test if you are not sure.

*For a festive touch I cut a heart out of a piece of paper, laid it on top of each brownie. Sprinkle powdered sugar over the top through a fine sieve. Carefully remove your paper cut-out and you have a sweet love token.

No comments:

Post a Comment