Search This Blog

Holy Cow...I Can Cook?

I started this food blog New Years 2010 to force myself to get in the kitchen and teach myself how to cook. Well it has been a year, and it turns out, cooking isn't so hard after all. I kept the promise I made to myself and cooked healthy yummy meals for my family all year. Once I just got in there, read the recipes, and experimented I found cooking is yet another form of artistic expression. Just like with my art, I let go of the fear of failure and found a new passion.

Thursday, January 7, 2010

Blue Cheese Dip

This dip is great with veggi sticks or even as a salad dressing. The low-fat mayo and the fat-free sour cream cut the calories in half!

1 cup low-fat mayo
2 tbsp cider vinegar
1 tbsp grape seed oil
1/2 tsp dried oregano
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp black pepper
8oz fat-free sour cream
1 garlic clove, crushed
1/2 cup crumbled blue cheese

Whisk together the first 8 ingredients. Stir in blue cheese. Refrigerate a couple hours before you serve.

I had 2 tablespoons of this dip with carrot sticks...made a great snack!

No comments:

Post a Comment